Werner Enterprises, Inc. is an American freight carrier and transportation and logistics company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded in 1956 by Executive Chairman, Clarence L. Werner. He started his business with one truck at the age of 19.
Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and expedited van; and temperature-controlled. The Werner Logistics portfolio includes truck brokerage, freight management, intermodal, international and final mile services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Werner Enterprises is known for:
- Late model equipment
- Productive, professional drivers who are safety conscious and deliver on time
- One of the lowest driver out of service (OOS) rates in the industry
- Experienced, professional management team with substantial industry and company experience
- Leadership in technology
- Innovation in paperless logging technology
- Licensed NVOCC, Freight Forwarder and U.S. Customs broker
- C-TPAT, PIP, ACE, FAST, TSA-approved Indirect Air Carrier and IATA Accredited Cargo Agent. Conducts carrier management, rating, insurance, document management and U.S. Customs clearance
- Network of more than 7,800 trucks, over 16,000 alliance carriers and ocean, air and rail providers