Combined Transport, Inc. is a deregulation baby. The founder, Richard Card, took advantage of the political environment of the late seventies to obtain his operating authority and achieve his lifelong dream of running a trucking company. His many years of experience as a driver, owner-operator and fleet owner helped educate him into the ways of moving freight. Equipped with this knowledge, he opened and operated a number of prosperous freight brokerages, many of which are still operating successfully today. He parlayed ownership of those companies and a productive venture on the Alaska Pipeline into enough capital to start Combined Transport, Inc. on September 2, 1980.
From this humble beginnings, Richard believed that the “driver was the customer”. Combined grew rapidly starting with only one company truck and a few owner-operators. Using his unique skills of engineering and salesmanship, Richard attacked freight problems and turned them into opportunities. One such opportunity was in the transportation of uncrated flat glass. In conjunction with PPG Industries, Inc., one of the largest glass producing companies, a system of glass transportation was developed that both revolutionized the industry and provided mutual benefits for all involved.
The mission of Combined Transport Logistics Group, Inc. is to be a growth-oriented provider of a variety of flatbed, heavy and specialized trucking services, always seeking to become the preferred employer for all our “customers” (drivers) and the preferred transportation provider for all of our shippers.
To accomplish this, we will do the following:
- Create and maintain a culture that places the driver as the customer and support our drivers in their efforts to provide exemplary service to our shippers
- Establish close working relationships with all shippers
- Identify shipper needs and develop programs to satisfy those needs by supplying services having the best possible value.
- Provide quality and service superior to that of our competitors.
- Invest in the new product and process developments, personnel, and facilities needed to assure our shippers that Combined Transport, Inc. will respond in a timely and cost-effective manner to their needs.
- Strive to perform on-time claim-free deliveries.
- Operate in an environmentally safe manner.
- Be the safest trucking company on the road.
At Combined Transport, Inc., we are a family of people working together to build a better future for our customers, shippers and ourselves. We’re moving into the future.